October 20, 2017

Welcome to your classroom blog!

I am thrilled to be a part of the wonderful Corbett community this 2010-2011 school year! Last year I had the privilege of being a long-term substitute and prior to that I was a student teacher here. This is truly where I’ve learned to be a teacher. In 2000 I graduated from Warner Pacific College with a bachelor’s degree in Human Development. In 2009 I graduated from Concordia University with my Masters in Teaching.

Teaching is my passion and the longer I do it, the more I love it. I’ve worked with children since my teen years, whether it was working at a day care, working as a special education teaching assistant, or now having my own classroom. This will be an exciting year as we look closely at the geology of the Columbia River Gorge and how that weaves into every aspect of our school day. We’ll be storytellers, mathematicians, scientists, artists, readers and writers. It’s going to be a great year and I can’t wait to get started with you!

This is a place to stay connected to our classroom. Check back regularly for updates, photos and student work.

Bekah Tucker About Bekah Tucker

This is my eighth year as a primary classroom teacher, previously working as a special education teaching assistant and an english preschool teacher in Prague.

Outside of teaching, my passions are traveling, trying new restaurants, strong coffee, being with friends and family, and enjoying the beauty of the Columbia River Gorge.

I love being a Corbett teacher!