November 25, 2017

Lately

This week as I prepare to write progress notes, I’m reflecting on our year so far. I’m really enjoying our morning meeting time where we can meet as a group, recite poems, work on conventions through a morning message, meet a new Letterland Character, and discuss our day.

Our class is an active, artistic and musical bunch. Any opportunity to get up out of our seats and learn something tactile is welcomed. PE and music days (Tuesdays and Thursdays) are always exciting days for us. Art is a big part of our school day any day, with a focused lesson every Wednesday. Come by and see our beautiful Fall trees! They are stunning.

We’re beginning a new study of nutrition, as we look at healthy eating and lifestyle through the resources of our beautiful Columbia River Gorge. The area we call home offers us abundant opportunities to eat healthy (fruit orchards and farmers markets) and live healthy (hiking and exercising). This week we’re discussing the wide spectrum of the vegetable group, from french fries to spinach. I will be interested to see if students embrace healthier choices at home too!

Have a great rest of the week!

Bekah Tucker About Bekah Tucker

This is my eighth year as a primary classroom teacher, previously working as a special education teaching assistant and an english preschool teacher in Prague.

Outside of teaching, my passions are traveling, trying new restaurants, strong coffee, being with friends and family, and enjoying the beauty of the Columbia River Gorge.

I love being a Corbett teacher!