December 13, 2017

Looking Forward

We had a great end of the year together, and I’m excited to enter the new year with such a great class!

I hope you were all able to make it to our music performance. The students were GREAT, singing their hearts out and impressing us all with their memorization of lines and parts! They made us all proud.

We also performed Jan Brett plays with our buddies. Each small group selected a Brett book and substituted her setting and animal characters with those found in the Columbia River Gorge. It was fun to see their creativity and acting skills come through.

Also with our buddies, we enjoyed an afternoon drinking hot chocolate while sharing class poems we composed. I will post our buddy class’s poem here, as they had many sweet and funny descriptions of our classmates.

The last day of school also included a primary grade celebration of Jan Brett. We rotated classes and got to enjoy many of her titles, in addition to art, re-telling and role-playing activities.

I’m excited for the new year as we dive into geology and tourism studies related to the Columbia River Gorge. It’s going to be a great year!

Bekah Tucker About Bekah Tucker

This is my eighth year as a primary classroom teacher, previously working as a special education teaching assistant and an english preschool teacher in Prague.

Outside of teaching, my passions are traveling, trying new restaurants, strong coffee, being with friends and family, and enjoying the beauty of the Columbia River Gorge.

I love being a Corbett teacher!