July 27, 2017

Spanish Immersion: Study in Guanajuato Mexico in July of 2012

This past July, I spent a month in Guanajuato finishing up my course work for a master’s in teaching Spanish at the University of Guanajuato. But, the best part was, that this time I was able to bring four Corbett High School students with me! Henry Hammel, Liesel Swanson, Lindsey Miller and Elizabeth Ferek were the first group of students from Corbett High to go with me to visit Mexico City and the lovely city of Guanajuato in central Mexico. After spending two days in Mexico City, we traveled north by bus to Guanajuato where the students were met by their homestay families. Henry, Liesel, Lindsey and Elizabeth got settled in quickly after some minor adjustments and began attending classes at the University of Guanajuato. For four weeks they lived with their host families and studied at the university. They loved their time there and I loved seeing them learning and having fun.

I will be returning to Guanajuato in the summer of 2012. Once again I would like to bring a group of students with me so they can have the incredible opportunity to improve their Spanish skills, be immersed in another culture, enjoy the beauty and unique atmosphere of a colonial Mexican city that is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and just have fun. Please email me with any questions or if you would like to have more information.
Sra. Luna

Lori Luna About Lori Luna

Mrs. Luna has worked at Corbett Schools since the 2000-2001 school-year. She is currently the principal and Spanish teacher for CAPS (Corbett Arts Program with Spanish) at Springdale - the K-8 program of Corbett School District. Mrs. Luna has taught at every level - elementary, middle and high school. She has also taught multiple subjects from Spanish to Math and English, from History to Human Geography and Science and more. She is committed to Corbett Schools and the families they serve.