October 20, 2017

Kindergarten Attendance Options

We want to make this year as tailored for your family’s needs as possible. The State of Oregon only funds kindergarten for a half of a day. Due to this funding formula we have instituted a fee for service full week option. The following are your choices:

1. Send your child to school full time, four days a week for a fee for the second half of the week. The fee is $200 a month for ten months, or about $25 per day. The payment is due on the last school day of the month from August 31st through May 31st. Transportation is provided in the morning and the afternoon by a school bus. If your family qualifies for free or reduced lunch then the fee is completely waived. Free and reduced lunch forms are available in the grade school office. Checks should be payable to Corbett School and given to the district or GS office.
  2. Send your child to school Monday and Tuesday all day with no fee. Transportation is provided in the morning and the afternoon by a school bus.
  3. Send your child to school Wednesday and Thursday with no fee. Transportation is provided in the morning and the afternoon by a school bus.
  4. Send your child to school four mornings Monday – Thursday from 8:00 am – 11:30 am and waive the transportation provided at dismissal time. Transportation is provided in the morning and your family waives the afternoon transportation by the school and will pick up your child at 11:30 am.
DeeDee Hanes About DeeDee Hanes

My husband Rick and I have lived in Corbett for twenty-nine years. We have two children, Andrew and Krissy. They both graduated from Corbett High School and were busy in the classroom and on the sports fields. Andrew went on to the University of Southern California to earn an Aerospace Engineering degree and Krissy went to the University of Oregon and graduated in International Studies. They are grateful to the Corbett School District for opening doors for them in the world of higher education.

I have worked for Corbett Schools since 1998 and teaching even longer, since 1985! I went to Oregon State and received my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Reading. My Masters in Educational Practices and Foundations of Administration was earned from Portland State University. I also received my Special Education Endorsement from Portland State.

My family loves to camp, play sports, board games, books, movies, and traveling. Rick spends some of his extra time helping coach the Corbett Softball Team. I may just spend some of my extra time studying gourmet cooking now that both our children are out of the house!