August 18, 2017

Welcome Back!

Dear Families of Room 16,

Welcome to the 2011-2012 school year! I am thrilled to be your child’s teacher this year and look forward to a full year ahead of us. Our study of the Columbia River Gorge this year centers around the people of the Gorge throughout history. This will spill into social studies, art, science, reading and writing.

You’ll find more specific information about our classroom below.

About me: This is my second year as a K-2 classroom teacher. I’ve also been a long-term substitute, a teaching assistant in math and reading and taught english in a preschool in Prague, Czech Republic.

Communication: Corbett’s website is being relaunched! Please check it out (www.corbett.k12.or.us). Here you will also find our class page which will serve as a major form of communication for what we’re doing in class, including lots of photos. I will also send emails and the occasional backpack mailer.

The best way to reach me is through email (btucker@corbett.k12.or.us). I don’t answer the phone during the school day, but check messages after school (classroom phone: 503-261-4239). You can also contact the office (503-261-4242).

PE: Our PE days are Mondays and Wednesdays. Please send your child in tennis shoes on these days.

Music: Our Music days with Mrs. Swanson are Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Buddies: Our buddy class is Mrs. Hubler/Mrs. Loeung’s class of 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. Each child is given a buddy and we spend the entire school year together, meeting at least once a week. Our time together is mainly focused on Gorge studies and celebrations.

Outdoor Classroom and Community Garden: We continue to develop our outdoor classroom this school year, with in-class lessons taught by our friends at ECO. Did you know we are starting a garden? Stay tuned for more detail. We will go outside on a regular basis, rain or shine. You are welcome to send appropriate shoes and outerwear that can stay in the classroom.

I look forward to getting to know you and working with your child and family this coming school year!

Ms. Tucker

Bekah Tucker About Bekah Tucker

This is my seventh year as a primary classroom teacher. I have also been a long-term substitute, a special education teaching assistant and an english preschool teacher in Prague.

Outside of teaching, my passions are traveling, trying new restaurants, strong coffee, being with friends and family, and enjoying the beauty of the Columbia River Gorge.

I love being a Corbett teacher!