November 24, 2017

Administrative Structure

Hello All,

I have thought long and hard about what this week’s post topic should be.  There is so much to talk about!!   A new school year, people have asked me about the high school AP program, Springdale School is a considerable issue for the district to consider, an analysis of the district’s financial picture certainly would be appropriate, but in the end I think I need to spend some time with more utilitarian issues.

Administrative Structure:  Corbett prides itself on having one of the leanest administrative loads in the tri-county area.   It is my strong belief that the people that matter the most in a school are the teachers, and as such we employee a higher percentage of teachers than any other school I know of in Oregon.   However, no good district can operate without some administration and this seems like as good at time as any to describe our administrative structure.

Those of us in administrative roles wear multiple hats.  Dee Dee Hanes is the person you should contact if you have questions about the Corbett Grade School. You can contact Dee Dee at dhanes@corbett.k12.or.us.   Further, Dee Dee is also the district Special Education Director.  So, Special Education questions should also be directed to Dee Dee.

Phil Pearson and Lori Luna are the two Secondary Principals for Corbett Schools grades 6-12.  If you have administrative questions regarding anything happening in grades 6-12 in Corbett School you should contact ppearson@corbett.k12.or.us, or lluna@corbett.k12.or.us.  In Addition to their jobs as secondary principals Phil works 2/3rd’s  time as a physics, environmental science teacher and Lori works2/3rds time as a Spanish teacher.

Bob Dunton is the director of Corbett Charter School (CCS) and should be contacted with all questions regarding CCS.  His email is bdunton@corbettcharter.k12.or.us.  In addition to his duties as CCS Director, Bob works full time teaching study halls, Algebra, and AP Psychology to high school students in Corbett.

Compared to my administrative compatriots I am slouch! My primary responsibility is my job as Superintendent, although I do work as an aide in a Spanish classroom one period each day.  Most communications should start with teachers, move to principals or directors next, before reaching me.

With that said I have an open door policy and take seriously my role as chief communicator in Corbett School District.

Communication: A Web Site How-To!

Tomorrow night from 5:30 to 8:00, Wednesday September 7th, as part of the community back to school celebration we will have volunteers teaching people how to “connect” using all of the new tools available on the web site.   You can have the web site email you automatically, or send messages to your Facebook page, send you twitter updates, or update your RSS feed on your homepage!  If you don’t know what any of this means all the more reason to stop by the Grade School Cafeteria and learn about all the new ways to stay connected with what is happening at the school.

Enjoy the SUN!!!

Randy Trani
Superintendent

Randy Trani About Randy Trani

A science teacher at heart, Dr. Trani loves the Corbett school community and the Corbett community at large. As a resident of Corbett Dr. Trani is committed to delivering quality education to Corbett students. Dr. Trani became the principal of Corbett Schools in 2004, promoted to Superintendent of Corbett School District #39 in 2010.