October 20, 2017

Goal Setting Conferences, Storytelling Night 10/19, and Ancient Civilizations!

Thanks to everyone who made the overnight field trip a success.  That went better than I expected, and I expected it to be great!  I think I now know the names of everyone in Neighbors, Long, Robertson, and Church’s class.   Only four classes to go!

I have many parents signed up for goal setting conferences, but still need a bunch more to call or email me.  The nights are Tuesday and Wednesday October 4 and 5.  I have fifteen minute slots between 4:00 and 7:45 PM.  I am happy to make arrangements to meet a different night, I cannot wait to see everyone!

This week students are starting their third story.  Students should be willing and able to share their stories with you without needing to read.  This week’s story will explore humor, voice, and overall presentation and delivery tactics.  Your student will get written instructions for this assignment on Monday September 26th.

Finally, this week we start our Fertile Crescent simulation that will kick off our studies of Ancient Civilizations. Each week, students will receive tasks that will help their group and teach them about Mesopotamia. Students will learn the five elements of civilization and work together in groups to be the most powerful empire of the ancient world!

What a great place to be!

Peter Leone About Peter Leone