November 24, 2017

Requests and Reminders

We are still looking for shoeboxes, so if you have some at home, please send them in.

On Wednesday, 11/16, the Funky Monkeys are performing for the Grade School from 11:50 to 12:20. This assembly is open to Funky Monkey parents, so please feel free to come by and see what the group has been working on!

In the next week there are many opportunities to help in the classroom:

On Thursday, 11/17, we will be weaving baskets in the afternoon. We will be working from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm.

On Monday, 11/21, we will be making clay masks in the afternoon. We will be working from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm.

On Wednesday, 11/23, we are having a school-wide celebration. Many helpers are needed for this day to prepare food and help distribute the assembled food trays, as well as serve in classrooms. We will need helpers from 12:30 until the end of the day. A letter will be sent home today with more information about this day.

If you can come in on any of these days, please let me know.

Just a reminder from Mrs. Hanes: hats of any kind are not allowed in the building. This includes baseball hats as well as beanies or knit caps. Hats can be worn at recess, although they need to stay off heads until students are outside. If you have any questions about this, please contact Mrs. Hanes.

Abby Steichen About Abby Steichen

This is my fifth year teaching at Springdale and my eighth year teaching an intermediate classroom in the Corbett School District.
When not in school, I enjoy reading, photography, gardening, sewing, exploring nature, and spending time with my husband, three daughters, and two cats.