November 25, 2017

Gorge News

Today we learned “The Laughing Game”. Chinook children would play this game where you tell a friend a joke. The twist is that you can’t laugh, you can’t even smile, or you lose. Play at home for fun!

Next Wednesday we celebrate the culmination of all of our work studying the People of the Columbia River Gorge. The N’chi Wanapum cultural dancers from Warm Springs will be in an assembly and then we’ll have a classroom feast of dried berries and salmon! If you can donate any dried fruit (blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, cherries or raspberries), dixie cups or napkins, let me know by Tuesday, November 22nd. We also need help from 12:30 on that day, if interested.

Also needed for next week’s MASK ART, please bring by Monday, November 21st:

• Newspapers
  • Rolling pins, big and small, marked with your name
  • Show boxes, all sizes
  • Seashells to make interesting indentations
  • Seedpods with interesting shapes that are sturdy enough to be pressed into clay
  • YOUR HELP! (contact me)

Students have been working hard on writing, poetry and art related to Thanksgiving! These treasures will be coming home in the next few days.

Bekah Tucker About Bekah Tucker

This is my eighth year as a primary classroom teacher, previously working as a special education teaching assistant and an english preschool teacher in Prague.

Outside of teaching, my passions are traveling, trying new restaurants, strong coffee, being with friends and family, and enjoying the beauty of the Columbia River Gorge.

I love being a Corbett teacher!