December 13, 2017

Update 1/23

I sent home a paper update today. Please ask your child about it if you didn’t receive one. The following information is from the version sent home.

A few reminders:

If you are needing to pull your child out of school early or change their end of the day routine, please let me know via note with your child OR let the office know. This includes a different person picking your child up or having your child picked up instead of riding the bus. Sending an email is fine but in the event I am out for the day the substitute will not have access to my email. If you haven’t received an acknowledgement of the email by 1:30, please call the office to make sure the message came through.

Students should be reading every night at home for at least 20 minutes. In addition to reading, students should be finishing a math lesson if it was not completed during math class. Please make sure your student is keeping up with math. At this point they should have completed about 75 lessons (the exception is the Saxon 3 group).

General updates/Information: 

This week we are taking our state tests. All grade complete math and reading tests; fifth graders take a science test as well. These tests are done on computers. Please make sure your child is at school on-time this week as we are testing from 8:00 until 9:00.

We wrapped up our study of Matter and Energy last week. Ask your students what they can tell you about the three forms of matter, some examples of forms of energy, and what happens to the mass of baking soda and vinegar when they mix. 

As always, please let me know if you are able to volunteer in the classroom. Math and reading are still the most in-demand times (9:55 – 11:40 for math; 2:20 – 2:55 M/W and 2:00 – 2:30 T/TH for reading).

Thanks!

Abby Steichen About Abby Steichen

This is my fifth year teaching at Springdale and my eighth year teaching an intermediate classroom in the Corbett School District.
When not in school, I enjoy reading, photography, gardening, sewing, exploring nature, and spending time with my husband, three daughters, and two cats.