October 19, 2017

February 5th Update

Last week we started our study of Lewis and Clark. We left the Corps of Discovery at Fort Mandan for their first winter and will resume their travels this week. Hopefully students will be able to express why Lewis and Clark went on their expedition, what the Louisiana Purchase was and its importance, and some important events/knowledge gained from the expedition.

This week we are going to start our next science unit: Electricity and Magnetism. We will be examining magnets and their properties the first week.

Starting February 13, we will be painting our mural pieces for the hallway mural of the Gorge. Our class will be painting birds of prey on canvas. I am looking for parent volunteers that week. The actual time of painting is flexible at this point so please let me know if you can make it in during those days and we can figure out a time. The more help the better!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know. And, as always, let me know if you would like to volunteer. We have several large activities happening this spring that I will need help with in and out of the classroom.

Abby Steichen About Abby Steichen

This is my fifth year teaching at Springdale and my eighth year teaching an intermediate classroom in the Corbett School District.
When not in school, I enjoy reading, photography, gardening, sewing, exploring nature, and spending time with my husband, three daughters, and two cats.