October 19, 2017

Regular Board Meeting Wednesday Feb 15th in the MPB 7:00 PM

The board will hold their regular board meeting this coming Wednesday in the MPB.  A copy of the preliminary agenda can be downloaded in pdf form. school board agenda 2-15-2012

2-15-2012 You can download a pdf of the updated agenda and minutes from previous meetings here. Feb 15th Board Packet and Minutes from other Feb Meetings These minutes are not official until after the Board votes on them.

Highlights on this agenda include:

Mr. Killgore Hard at Work!

1.6.d  Director Reports

Mark Wilson will report to the board about the high school septic project.

3.0 Financial Report:

I will report that our ending fund balance is looking healthy.  In fact I have made a  temporary hire of  one of the maintenance/custodial employees we had to RIF last year.  I hope to make this a permanent position after the per pupil funding numbers are released for next year.  This will likely occur in March.

The one page and four page reports should be available by Monday afternoon or Tuesday and I will add them at that time.

February 2012 One Page

February 2012 Four Page

6.1  Out of District Lottery Process

I have been working with the ODE, the OEA, and communicating with the board about the “Standards” the district will establish for allowing students from out of district to attend Corbett via HB 3681.  I will post these standards after the board adopts them at the next meeting.

The lottery will likely be open from March 1st to April 1st.

7.1 Springdale School

I will provide an update about Springdale School.  Indications from the county and the architect make it look more an more likely that the facility will be operable, at least for five classrooms, next year.  Final determination will likely be  by the end of March.

7.2 Cascade Locks

I am waiting on an update from the ODE regarding the small high school correction associated with Cascade Locks School.  It appears that the school may not be eligible for the small high school correction after this year.  If this is the case I will recommend that the district  distance themselves from the process.

11.1 Capital Projects

Future capital projects that we will talk about include: The septic project for the high school, a new bus purchase, possibly a new roof on the MS building, refinishing the main gym floor are some of the projects on the horizon.

11.2  and 11.3 Staffing Recommendations and Course Offerings

I will recommend that retain our current staffing and our course offerings pending the State’s funding predictions for the next school year.

12.1 Superintendent Evaluation

My evaluation will be completed by the Board in executive session.

Randy Trani About Randy Trani

A science teacher at heart, Dr. Trani loves the Corbett school community and the Corbett community at large. As a resident of Corbett Dr. Trani is committed to delivering quality education to Corbett students. Dr. Trani became the principal of Corbett Schools in 2004, promoted to Superintendent of Corbett School District #39 in 2010.