August 18, 2017

February 16nd Update

First off, just a reminder! No school on Monday, 2/20. We will have school on Friday, 2/24.

On Tuesday, 2/21, we will be working with ECO outside. Please dress for working outside on Tuesday. Bring a pair of boots if possible and a raincoat/warm jacket. 

Our science unit Magnetism and Electricity is going very well. Students have been very excited about the experiments thus far and, after today’s experiment making a circuit, I can tell they are ready for the challenges to come.

We completed our week of mural painting, though some students will be adding more detail next week in small groups. A big thank you to Megan Nelson who came to help with (well, plan!) the project for the classroom. Our birds of prey will be hanging in the hallway after Spring Break. I will try to get pictures up before then. The pieces are truly beautiful and very impressive.

Math has found a nice flow in class. I’m excited to see new material clicking with students who were previously struggling. As always, students should complete one lesson per day; this means lessons not completed in class need to be finished at home.

Ask your student about our 10,000 Page March. For those of you from last year, this will be familiar; for those of you new, ask your student and keep your eyes out for a letter sent home.

If you have any questions, concerns, etc, please send me an email or give me a call. Enjoy the long weekend!

Abby Steichen About Abby Steichen

This is my fifth year teaching at Springdale and my eighth year teaching an intermediate classroom in the Corbett School District.
When not in school, I enjoy reading, photography, gardening, sewing, exploring nature, and spending time with my husband, three daughters, and two cats.