November 25, 2017

100th Day of School

This was a special day for the primary classrooms of Corbett Grade School.  All year, we have been counting how many days of school we have had.  Today we reached the THRILLING number of 100.  Our parade was filled with the jubilant sounds of drums, recorders, guitars, triangles, trumpets, horns and many other instruments all playing at the same time.  Needless to say, the audiences lining the hallway were in awe!

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.