January 21, 2018

Update March 19

We are in our last week before Spring Break and we have lots to do before vacation! Our class volunteered to paint extra salmon for the hallway mural of the Gorge. We’ll be painting them this week. The mural pieces will be hung up during Spring Break. I know we are excited to see our birds and salmon up when we return from break on Monday, April 2.

Body Systems presentations will begin on Wednesday (originally it was Tuesday but snow days changed our schedule). Groups will be presenting their information and posters. I’m impressed at how much the groups are learning and how focused they are during work times.

After break we will start a study of the Oregon Trail. On Thursday, April 12, the five intermediate classrooms will be holding an Oregon Trail simulation. Information was sent home last week about this day. Please let me know if you did not receive one or if you are able to volunteer your time or materials.

For read aloud we have been reading short stories and articles from magazines for kids. Last week I read an informational article about game playing and its connection to happiness. It was very interesting to listen to the response from the class. Ask your student about the connection between playing games and happiness, or what they thought about the article.

Just a reminder: Spring Break is from March 26-29 (that’s next week).

Abby Steichen About Abby Steichen

This is my fifth year teaching at Springdale and my eighth year teaching an intermediate classroom in the Corbett School District.
When not in school, I enjoy reading, photography, gardening, sewing, exploring nature, and spending time with my husband, three daughters, and two cats.