November 24, 2017

Week 30 in Mr. Houck’s class, by Courtney Mitchell

Every week one student in our class gets to sit out the super quiz and write the weekly update on our class.  This week’s update was done by 7th grader Courtney Mitchell.  Thanks, Courtney!

This week in Mr. Houck’s class we did these posters called Metaphor Models, where you had to pick something you could buy and compare it to the three civilizations we have studied this year: Mesopotamia, Egypt, and Ancient China. I really enjoyed doing these, because you got to pick your own topic to compare each one too.

We also started to revise our art talk speeches, because we had to turn in our rough drafts to Mr. Houck by Thursday. Thank goodness he gave us time to work on them in class, because I might not have gotten mine done in time, but I did, so I’m good.

Mr. Houck also introduced us to a new topic, called Newton’s Toy Box. That’s where we get to do these different lab tests with a wooden ball. So far that seems to be fun, so I’m looking forward to what’s coming up next.

We also started to talk a little about energy. This was pretty fun to learn about, because I’ve never really learned about energy.

Also, last week we started the first part of a movie called ‘Guns, Germs, and Steel,’ so we got to finish the second part of that movie, which was interesting.

Lucas Houck About Lucas Houck

Mr. Houck teaches in the middle school. He thinks it's the greatest place to be. Born and raised in Oregon, he enjoys camping, fishing, soccer and good food. He loves his wife, his baby boy, his work, and his friends!