September 21, 2017

Service Project for Outdoor School

My name is Ryan Welch and I’m an eighth-grader at Corbett middle school. I have organized a bottle drive for outdoor school as my service project. It will be at the Corbett country market this Friday and Saturday from 12 to 5. We accept pop cans and plastic bottles and glass bottles we
also have chosen to accept cash donations that will be placed in the jar that the Corbett country market has designated for outdoor school. Please join us and help support outdoor school for Corbett.

When I was in a sixth grade I went to Outdoor School. I was a bit nervous at first but the staff there makes you feel at home, you stay in cabins and get to eat great food. Animal life and plant life are some of the thing your kid learns. It is also a way for the kids to enjoy the wonders of the outdoors and have fun. Environmental education is important because you can
understand more about nature and you learn respect nature.  When you’re there you learn things that you didn’t know and by the end you don’t want to leave.

I’d like for the experience of Outdoor School to continue for everyone.

About Carrie Church

Carrie Church loves teaching at Corbett Middle School. She has taught kids from pre-kindergarten through middle school, in almost all imaginable combinations. Before moving her family to Corbett, Carrie has lived in Alaska, Indiana, Michigan, and northern Italy. Carrie still loves to travel to new places and learn new things, and especially loves teaching science. She has three kids who attend Corbett School, goats and chickens, too much garden, and an indulgent husband.