November 25, 2017

Gorge Mural Notecards

The children of Corbett Grade School have just completed the final stage of their Columbia River Gorge mural.  The third stage shows the animals, insects, flowers, trees, and special places east of Hood River.  This year, each student’s artwork has been made into note cards.  Cards are now available for sale during the Corbett Education Foundation’s annual Art Festival.  The festival is open Saturday, May 19 and Sunday, May 20 from 10 am until 5 pm.  Single cards are $2 or purchase six for $10.

Michelle Dawkins About Michelle Dawkins

My husband and I have lived in Corbett since 1983 and I have taught at Corbett Grade School since 1994. Chris and I loved having our children grow up in the community of Corbett. They both received a great education and made many life long friends while attending school here. Both Steph and Joe graduated from Corbett. Joe is a graduate of Oregon State University and Steph has graduated from Linfield College and completed her MBA at University of Tennessee. Chris and I are extremely proud of our children! Both are enjoying life and share our love of nature.

"If a child is to keep his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in." ~Rachel Carson