December 12, 2017

Trillium Room May 18th

There are so many special events the last few weeks of school.  Let’s begin by making sure everyone knows what’s coming up:

May 25th:  Friday School.  Larch Mountain field trip.  Return permission slips ASAP.

May 28th:  Holiday:  No School

May 30th:  Big Bounce!  (A bouncy house celebration of our jog-a-thon success).  Wear

something you can jump in!

May 30th:  Primary picnic in the back field.  Bring field toys.

May 30th:  Portfolio Night.  Return your time-request forms ASAP.

June 1st:  Last day of school.  Dismissal at 12:30

We are in the midst of a unit about the history of the local area.  Your child should be able to tell you all about “heritage” as well as the 3 main reasons people originally came to the Corbett area.  We sent home a questionnaire and family tree for you to fill out with your child.  Please return it Monday if you haven’t already.

We had a driving field trip around Corbett this week.  The guide is a wonderful local historian named Chuck Rollins.  We found out that Corbett used to be a collection of 11 schools (almost all of which burned down at some point).  We also heard stories about “the olden days.”  If you never have, please check out the 3 display cases in the Corbett Country Market that contain artifacts from our history.

Please remember to send kids with a water bottle, as we don’t have easy access to a drinking fountain!

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.