August 22, 2017

Welcome to a new school year!

I’m so looking forward to my third year teaching at Corbett! I love teaching primary grades, as there is so much growth happening. We’ll have a lot of fun this year jumping into a study on the plants and animals of the beautiful Columbia River Gorge.

Some information to keep:

Teacher Page: To subscribe to this page, follow the link: http://corbett.k12.or.us/connect/ and scroll to “Subscribe to Corbett Schools Teacher Notes” and click “Corbett Grade School Teacher Notes (K-2)”. Next to my name you can choose how you’d like to be notified.

Specials: We will have PE Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please send your child in appropriate clothing and shoes on these days. Our music days with Mrs. Swanson are Mondays and Wednesdays.

Buddies: Our buddy class is Mrs. Loeung/Mrs. Dolkas’ class of 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students. Each child is assigned a buddy and we spend the entire year together, meeting regularly and for special events and trips.

Take Home Folder: Each day your child will bring home a red folder with any notes and work from the school day. Please return permission slips, notes, etc. in this folder.

Creation Station: Something new I’d like to do this year is offer students 30 minutes a week at a “Creation Station”. They will have this time to create anything they’d like (experiments, models, toys, etc). If you have toilet paper/paper towel rolls, cardboard boxes big and small, styrofoam, wire, buttons, craft supplies, etc, would you be willing to donate to our classroom? Basically look at your recycling bin with new eyes. Thank you for your help!

A Note on Clothing: We get messy! Between art, science and frequent outside lessons, I can’t always return your child clean. You are welcome to send a paint smock and shoes and outerwear that can stay in the classroom.

Background Check: If you’d like to help in the classroom and/or chaperone field trips, please fill out a background check and privacy form to return to the front office. These are required before working with students. 

Contact Information: Emails are the quickest way to reach me, and I check my phone messages at least once daily. Email: btucker@corbett.k12.or.us, Grade School office: 503-261-4236, our classroom: 503-261-4239. To streamline communication, please contact the office with any changes to pickup. They will notify me of these changes.

I look forward to getting to know you and your child. We’re going to have a great year together!

A reminder that today’s Open House for new students and kindergarteners is from 1pm to 2pm, and for returning students 2pm to 3pm. Please feel free to bring in school supplies at this time. If I don’t see you today, I look forward to seeing you Monday, August 27th!

Bekah Tucker About Bekah Tucker

This is my seventh year as a primary classroom teacher. I have also been a long-term substitute, a special education teaching assistant and an english preschool teacher in Prague.

Outside of teaching, my passions are traveling, trying new restaurants, strong coffee, being with friends and family, and enjoying the beauty of the Columbia River Gorge.

I love being a Corbett teacher!