August 22, 2017

Welcome Back!

We had a great first day today!  It was so fun to see all my old friends and to meet new ones.

Our Open House is on Wednesday August 29th from 5:00-8:00 p.m. The evening is full of events, please come out. We will have an informational meeting for middle school parents starting at 5:00 in the MPB. After the meeting there will be a community BBQ, awards ceremony at Jeff Lucas stadium and time to tour our building. Please introduce yourself to me if I haven’t already met you.

Conferences are also scheduled from 3:45-7:30 p.m. On Wednesday, October 3rd and Thursday, October 4th. I will send home more information in the next couple of weeks.

Our first overnight field trip is September 19th and 20th to Mt. St. Helens. This will connect to our studies in geology as well as build community in our school. All students should attend. If your student cannot attend the field trip we can make alternative arrangements.

The students and I will keep key assignments on the class website to facilitate further discussion at home. Your child should be the primary source about what is happening at school. Feel free to contact me anytime to verify.

I am always happy to hear from parents about concerns or just to give a quick update. We will send home a two page progress report three times a year. This will provide an overview of scores and goals for your child. The best way to get in touch with me is through email pleone@corbett.k12.or.us. I will get back to you within one or two days. I am rarley able to answer the phone (503-262-4205) during the day. I typically respond to voicemail at the end of each day. If you need to contact your child you can email me or call the office (503-261-4200)

Again, I am thrilled for another exciting year!

Best,

Peter Leone

Peter Leone About Peter Leone