September 21, 2017

Welcome Back!

Well, the good thing is that I figured out my password to get back into this blog after my summer off!

This is just a quick “Welcome Back” to anyone that follows Room 12 News.

Our first week of school was so quick.  It was nice to see how the older kids came back from summer break ready to get to work.  Many have selected books to read, they have writing projects going, and they got right back to doing math!  Our newest students seemed excited to join us and followed right along.  I have to keep pinching myself because this class has had one of the best starts ever!  They are kind to each other and seem so excited to be in school.

We had our annual “Back to School Celebration” on Wednesday.  It was great seeing those who came.  Many people came in to our classroom and signed up for Fall Conferences.  If you haven’t done so yet…check your email for open dates and time.

On Thursday we participated in the “Color Factory.”  We had 126 Corbett intermediate students (that is all five classroom) painting paper by mixing colors.  The fun part is that we did this OUTSIDE!  The not-so-fun part is that we couldn’t get our color wheel that we were creating to stay still…there was just a slight breeze that made this a challenge. The paper that was created will be used by all of the Corbett kids to create art projects throughout the school year.  The colors were beautiful. The teachers were also so impressed with how well we all worked together and cleaned up after.

Remember that Monday is a holiday, which means that we will go to school Tuesday through Friday next week!

Please be sure to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Michelle Dawkins About Michelle Dawkins

My husband and I have lived in Corbett since 1983 and I have taught at Corbett Grade School since 1994. Chris and I loved having our children grow up in the community of Corbett. They both received a great education and made many life long friends while attending school here. Both Steph and Joe graduated from Corbett. Joe is a graduate of Oregon State University and Steph has graduated from Linfield College and completed her MBA at University of Tennessee. Chris and I are extremely proud of our children! Both are enjoying life and share our love of nature.

"If a child is to keep his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in." ~Rachel Carson