December 11, 2017

Larch Mountain Field Trip

The Trillium Room went to Larch Mountain September 6th.  The purpose of the trip was to kick off our study of plants and animals of the Columbia River Gorge.  A friendly eagle and coyote visited our classroom the day before to invite us to get to know their habitat better and to our delight, they both showed up to join us on our trip.  The students had a scavenger hunt to complete to encourage them to observe things along the trail more closely.  At the top, Mountains Hood, Adams, Saint Helens and Rainier were waiting for us in all their glory.

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.