November 24, 2017

Week of September 10 -13

This week we will learn about John Muir and the importance that he played in preserving natural environments of the United States. We will also be traveling up to Wildwood Recreation Center to practice our observation skills, learn a bit about watersheds, and hopefully see some fish swimming in the creek and river.

Last week we had our first monthly meeting of intermediate students. We talked about how well transitions have been going in the hallway and the many compliments that we have had from our recess aides about how respectful and how well kids are playing at recess. The teachers did a quick skit to show that if you have done something disrespectful to “own it”, apologize for it, and then do better next time!

Michelle Dawkins About Michelle Dawkins

My husband and I have lived in Corbett since 1983 and I have taught at Corbett Grade School since 1994. Chris and I loved having our children grow up in the community of Corbett. They both received a great education and made many life long friends while attending school here. Both Steph and Joe graduated from Corbett. Joe is a graduate of Oregon State University and Steph has graduated from Linfield College and completed her MBA at University of Tennessee. Chris and I are extremely proud of our children! Both are enjoying life and share our love of nature.

"If a child is to keep his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in." ~Rachel Carson