December 13, 2017

JOIN US!!! Work Day September 29th, 9:30am-11:30am Grade School Outdoor Native Habitat Area

Parent, students, community members:  Please join us for a work party on Saturday, September 29th from 9:30am-11:30am to work on the grade school outdoor native habitat and outdoor classroom area.  The students at Corbett Grade School are on their third year of creating and maintaining an area on campus that represents the Columbia River Gorge native plants and an outdoor study area for students to learn about plants and animals of the gorge.  Meet behind the school above the baseball fields on the far southwest end of the school property.  Staff members from Ecology in Classrooms and Outdoors will be guiding the volunteer work crew that will upgrade this area while building relationships between students, parents and Corbett community members.  See you there!

DeeDee Hanes About DeeDee Hanes

My husband Rick and I have lived in Corbett for twenty-nine years. We have two children, Andrew and Krissy. They both graduated from Corbett High School and were busy in the classroom and on the sports fields. Andrew went on to the University of Southern California to earn an Aerospace Engineering degree and Krissy went to the University of Oregon and graduated in International Studies. They are grateful to the Corbett School District for opening doors for them in the world of higher education.

I have worked for Corbett Schools since 1998 and teaching even longer, since 1985! I went to Oregon State and received my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Reading. My Masters in Educational Practices and Foundations of Administration was earned from Portland State University. I also received my Special Education Endorsement from Portland State.

My family loves to camp, play sports, board games, books, movies, and traveling. Rick spends some of his extra time helping coach the Corbett Softball Team. I may just spend some of my extra time studying gourmet cooking now that both our children are out of the house!