October 17, 2017

Trillium Room Jan. 25

Dear families,                                                               Jan 25, 2013

The wackiest week of the school year is now behind us.  All of us spent the time we were here asking, “What day is it again?”  and “What time is it?”  We all function best with some predictable routine in our lives.  We just didn’t get it this week, did we?

Despite the weather and holiday schedule confusing us, we did manage to complete some great projects this week.  All of the writing groups completed their owl fact posters (which should have come home by now).  Your child can certainly tell you facts about an owl’s eyes, ears, talons, beak and wings.  We also finished our over-the-top adorable fictitious birds of prey.  We made nests for them and wrote up a press release about our new discovery.  If you walk down the hallway, you’ll see them proudly displayed on perches along with the writing the kids did.  Keeping with the theme, we sketched some real birds of prey onto tagboard, which we will adorn with feathers early next week.

Thank you for all of the nests that were sent in this week.  We had eight different nests to examine up close as inspiration for our own nest-building.  We are so thankful for how our families always come through when we hint at (or beg) for what we need.

Please remember that attendance is being recorded right at 8:00.  If you drop off your child after 8:00, please come into the office to tell the secretary that they’re tardy, not absent, so our records will be accurate.

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.