Happy Valentine’s Day! (and Happy Oregon’s Birthday too!) We were quite well fed this afternoon; I even had to turn away some folks who wanted to contribute to the party. Thank you to all who offered and those who sent in treats. A personal thank you for all of the cards and goodies that you sent my way. My husband and son thank you as well!
Our writers are eagerly creating stories of long ago. I think some are trying to write books! Rough drafts need to be finished this weekend, so that we can revise and edit next week. Each story needs to contain several true facts of an event during colonial or Revolutionary War times. We are also trying to include an interesting beginning, an orderly sequence, sensory details, and a satisfying conclusion.
On Wednesday, our fourth graders participated in NAEP testing. Please visit the website of the National Center for Educational Statistics http://nces.ed.gov/nationsreportcard/about/ for information on the test. Regrettably, we will not receive individual results. Most of our students thought that they did very well, however, and the test administrator reported that they worked very hard on the assessment. It was good practice for the state tests coming up the week after next.
I plan to spend several hours this weekend scoring and posting the biome projects. Look for the rubric to come home next week and be on the alert for the hall display.
We are in need of several soda cans for an upcoming science activity. If you can send in a few, please rinse them first. Appreciate it!
Enjoy the holiday weekend!
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Monday, February 18th – Presidents’ Day Holiday
- Friday, February 22nd – Friday School
- Week of February 25th – State Testing
- Thursday, February 28th – End of Trimester Celebration
- Tuesday, March 5th – Service project at Rooster Rock & gorge hike
- Friday, March 15th – Fifth Grade Math is Cool Competition
- March 22nd – March 31st – Spring Break!!!!
- Tuesday, April 9th-Funky Monkey program 6:30 p.m. GS Gym
- Friday, April 19th- Fourth Grade Math is Cool Competition