December 12, 2017

Trillium Room Feb. 28

How sad it was for us to reach the end of our tracking unit. However, we will now begin animal reports. Until spring break, we will be choosing one animal to study in-depth. The finished product will an animal report.
In writing this week, we worked on persuasive papers. The red dots worked together to write convincing pieces with titles like, “Why we should get to eat lunch outside” or “Why we should get a class pet.” Mrs. Shaw’s writers have written a persuasive paper to their parents. We’ll see if they get the results they want! Ms. Belesiotis’ writers are working on the distinction between opinions and persuasion.
We have begun the countdown to the 100th day of school. The children have all taken home paper 100s to decorate with 100 items from home. We’re starting to receive finished products and are displaying them in the hallway. Please remember to return yours on Monday, so it will be up for the big day! On the 100th day, we will parade around the campus announcing to the world how momentous the occasion is. Your child is welcome to bring a musical instrument to make the parade more festive.
Wednesday was a special day, as we got to go to the middle school to see their space museum. The exhibits were excellent this year. The kids came back eager to talk about what they learned and the fun activities they got to do. More than a few kids came back declaring that they would become astronauts when they grow up.

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.