November 20, 2017

Trillium Room March 14th

It was a week full of writing. The blue dots have a firm understanding of how a rough draft turns into a final draft. The red dots have learned how to assemble many different items that all show knowledge about the same topic. What’s encouraging is that when we asked the kids, “What did you do this week that made you feel very
successful?” many of them mentioned the progress they made on their research paper.
Children began rehearsals for the music program this week. If your child has a solo part, they brought home a slip asking for assurance that they will be able to attend the program. Please sign this slip immediately so Mrs. Swanson can plan accordingly. More
information about the program can be found on the insert in the
progress report envelope.
Speaking of progress reports. They were all sent home at some point this week. If you have not seen your child’s, please search their backpack. If that doesn’t work, email us for a new paper copy or for an electronic copy. If your child has a parent who lives at
another house, we are always happy to mail a copy to them if you provide us with the address.
Here’s one of our March poems:
I caught a lively leprechaun
With stubble on his face.
He promised loads of buried gold
And led me to the place.
But when I let him loose to gig,
He leaped and led a chase.
That lively laughing leprechaun
Had left without a trace!

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.