May 23, 2017

Welcome Back!

It’s hard to believe we are already three days into the new school year. The class has a great energy and I anticipate a fantastic year ahead. We’ve been having a great time getting to know each other, figuring out routines and expectations, and getting started with writing, reading, math, music, spanish, art, and more!

Three papers have been sent home so far this year. If you did not receive them from your child, please let me know. Two of the three papers are forms should be returned as soon as possible.

I would love to have volunteers in the classroom. The most needed times are during math (9:40 – 10:50) and reading (currently scheduled for the last 50 minutes of the day). I do not often need volunteers during other times but I will send emails letting those interested in special projects and activities know of volunteer opportunities. Please let me know if you are interested in volunteering on a regular basis, once in awhile, or for field trips. If you have a special skill or project idea that you would like to share with the class, let me know!

If you need to contact me, the best way is through email. I check my email at least twice a day but if you have a time sensitive request or information (i.e. end of the day changes), please contact Nancy in the office. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, concerns, etc.

Abby Steichen About Abby Steichen

This is my fifth year teaching at Springdale and my eighth year teaching an intermediate classroom in the Corbett School District.
When not in school, I enjoy reading, photography, gardening, sewing, exploring nature, and spending time with my husband, three daughters, and two cats.