The draft designs and descriptions of the replacement for the existing Middle School are meant to stimulate discussion in the community about what this new building could look like. Help us gain an idea of what the community would want regarding the future look of the new Corbett High School. Please view these eight possible concept drawings, and rank each design option. At the end of the survey, the proposed floor plans for the high school are included for your information, but are not to be ranked.
All designs will…
- Continue as a focal point for the school campus and will be designed to reflect the historic elements of the existing Middle School, including the windows, entry roof and columns.
- Be built to current code for seismic, fire and life safety and ADA, and will include a modern security system for student/staff safety.
- Include fully insulated walls, ceilings, and windows, and an energy efficient heating system. The building will be designed to LEED “Silver” level or greater to save on energy consumption and reduce utility costs.
- Include energy efficient lighting, including day lighting into classrooms. Solar energy components required by the state of Oregon, will also be incorporated.
- Include flexible classroom spaces allowing for different configurations of classrooms based on new and evolving instructional methods and technologies. Computer access will be available throughout the building.
Final design will not occur until after the results of the bond election are known and there is additional opportunity for public comment. Thank you for participating in this Corbett community school design survey.