June 26, 2017

The Bracken Fern in the Forest of Your Week–Week 6, by Wyatt Bilodeaux

Every week one student in our class gets to sit out the super quiz and write the weekly update.  This week’s update was done by 6th grader Wyatt Bilodeaux.  Thanks, Wyatt!

This week in Mr. Houck’s class we tried to do a BrainPop but the sound did not work. We also did a fun Buck Creek lesson on plant identification, which was where we had to find the number of the plant we were on and use a dichotomous key to key out what plant number we were at.

We also did reading letters, and I love reading letters because I love the feeling before I read what Mr. Houck thought about my letter.

We learned about Buddhism and Hinduism and what they thought about gods and things like that. On the same day as the morning meeting dance-off we did a fun This Day in History and I was the man who took over the city of Jerusalem.

Choose Your Own Adventure is fun to do when you are pretty close to done. Before we turned in our super quiz today we had to pet a picture of a black cat. Mr. Houck put up a tape thing where we fill in our book and what page we are on. And in today’s This Day in History a Russian was the first to go to space in the world.

Lucas Houck About Lucas Houck

Mr. Houck teaches in the middle school. He thinks it's the greatest place to be. Born and raised in Oregon, he enjoys camping, fishing, soccer and good food. He loves his wife, his baby boy, his work, and his friends!