October 20, 2017

Trillium Room Oct. 10 with Photos

Did we luck out or what?  We are so thankful that our field trip was Wednesday instead of Tuesday!  Our day was absolutely perfect.  The kids loved going through the corn maze, choosing their own pumpkin and seeing the exhibits of Rasmussen farms.  The troupe of parent chaperones did a great job of ensuring all of the kids were safe and happy the whole day.

We’re winding down our first Gorge unit of the year.  All of the kids are in the final stages of their original legend about a landform.  We’ve had a great time learning about the Missoula Floods, the Ice Age and the geologic history of this area.  However, it’s fun to look forward to our next unit:  Solar System.

To celebrate our Ice Age studies, we are watching the animated movie Ice Age next Thursday.  Please remember to return your child’s permission slip if you haven’t already.

Have you been on the district website lately?  It’s the best around!  There is so much information about every facet of our great school district.  Recent articles include the Oregon Report Card on district performance, upcoming bond proposal, new graduation requirements, the Harvest of the Month project, and lots of teacher posts about the goings-on in various classrooms.  Check it out at www.corbett.k12.or.us

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.