December 11, 2017

Trillium Room Oct. 24

This week, we began studying sun, moon and stars.  Each teacher is a “specialist” in one of the topics and will spend 2 weeks with each class.  Ask your child which topic they began learning about this week.

Ms. Belesiotis took the kindergarteners to Big Bear’s pumpkin patch on Thursday.  It proved to be quite popular, as chaperones almost outnumbered kids!  Please check the website later to see pictures of this ultra-cute event.

Picture re-take day has been scheduled for November 13th.  If your child was absent on picture day, this is the day to have them ready to smile!  If you ordered pictures, you will soon be receiving your child’s photo packet.  If you want the pictures re-taken, return the original packet with a re-take slip (which will be available in the school office in a week or so).

Every month, the kids memorize 2 poems during Daily Meeting.  The first poem we memorized was “A Circle of Friends.”  Ask your child to recite it for you; or better yet, have them look at the words as they recite it, as this is a great way to build reading skills.

We’ve joined together as classmates
    as the new year begins,
    A year full of learning
    while we become friends.
    We’ll share and be kind
    as we work and we play.
    And our friendship will grow
    with each passing day.

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.