As part of our Jump Into EPals project, we explored the Smithsonian on EPals today. Students discovered some interesting articles, engaging activities, and fun games while learning something new. Please take a look at the website with your child this weekend and discover for yourself some of the fascinating learning centers. http://www.epals.com
While on the site, look at the messages that our students have sent and received, as well as some of the class photos in the gallery. Thank you to all who helped edit messages so that we could send them off this week. Remember, keyboarding practice on the weekend is essential, as it streamlines the process. http://www.typingweb.com/tutor/
Many of our students joined book groups on Monday. Most of them need to finish reading their books this weekend, though one group has already finished and discussed their selection.
In writing, we are working to create realistic fiction stories of an important moment. This is proving to be more difficult than the personal narratives, and kids should be thinking through their stories this weekend to be prepared to finish fast and furious on Monday.
Enjoy the sunny weather while it lasts!
- Monday, November 4th – Alice in Wonderland play at MHCC
- Monday, November 11th – Veterans’ Day Holiday
- Wednesday, November 13th – Picture Retakes
- Friday, November 15th – Friday School
- Thursday, November 21st – End of First Trimester
- November 28th-29th – Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 20th-January 5th – Winter Break