December 13, 2017

Trillium Room Oct. 31 with photos

This week, each class completed their study of either sun, moon or stars.  Next week, we’ll trade classes so each class can learn about a new topic.  Ms. Belesiotis is making a fun display showing Trillium kids looking up at the night sky.  If you think of it on a clear night, take a picture of your child stargazing and email a picture to Ms. Belesiotis.

In the spirit of the season, we made some cute jack-o-lanterns.  We used orange and yellow paint to give them some color variation and cut out facial features to give them personality.   Pictures of the project are on the class blog.  They should be adorning the hallway soon, so check them out.

It looks as if the stretch of dry weather is trying to end.  Please remember that kids go outside for recess even in soggy weather.  Encourage them to bring a jacket and hat each day!

Here’s another poem we’ve memorized.  Ask your child to recite it!

Pumpkins in the cornfields
Gold among the brown
Leaves of rust and scarlet
Trembling slowly down
Birds that travel southward
Lovely time to play
Nothing is as pleasant
As an autumn day!

IMG_4412 IMG_4413 IMG_4414 IMG_4415 IMG_4416  IMG_4418 IMG_4419IMG_4417 IMG_4420 IMG_4421 IMG_4422 IMG_4423 IMG_4424 IMG_4425 -1 -2 -3

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.