August 24, 2017

Flags for First Graders

US_Flag_BacklitYesterday, Ron and Mary from the Gresham Lions Club visited the first grade students at Corbett Grade School.  They told the story of the American flag and provided each student with their very own miniature flag and pamphlet.  View the pamphlet by clicking on The American Flag .  They also shared the story about the writing of “The Star Spangled Banner” which can be viewed by clicking on Flags 1 The Star Spangled Banner Story . Thank you for your time, Ron and Mary!

Flag 2

DeeDee Hanes About DeeDee Hanes

My husband Rick and I have lived in Corbett for twenty-seven years. We have two children, Andrew and Krissy. They both graduated from Corbett High School and were busy in the classroom and on the sports fields. Andrew went on to the University of Southern California to earn an Aeorspace Engineering degree and Krissy is going to the University of Oregon for International Studies. They are grateful to the Corbett School District for opening doors for them in the world of higher education.

I have worked for Corbett Schools since 1998 and teaching even longer, since 1985! I went to Oregon State and received my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Reading. My Masters in Educational Practices and Foundations of Administration was earned from Portland State University. I also received my Special Education Endorsement from Portland State.

My family loves to camp, play sports, board games, books, movies, and traveling. Rick spends some of his extra time helping coach the Corbett Softball Team. I may just spend some of my extra time studying gourmet cooking now that both our children are out of the house!