August 24, 2017

Trillium Room Nov 15 with photos

Despite being confused all week as to what day it was, we had a wonderful week together.  Our quick trip to the Mt. Hood Planetarium was a great way to spend an afternoon.  We zoomed through space seeing various planets, constellations and nebula.  We got up close with our own sun and moon and came to realize there’s a lot going on in space that has nothing to do with us!

Hopefully you’ve already seen our cute art project this week.  Once again, Gus’ mom prepared a fun activity for us.  Our torn paper owls have so much personality and variation.  It’s always exciting to see how every child interprets an art project a little differently.  Unfortunately, we can not display our owls, because there’s not enough wall space.  The kids were happy that they got to take them home right away.

We are planning a fall craft called “pinecone turkeys.”  We are collecting the following supplies.  If you are able to help us out, please send supplies by next Thursday:

• Medium/ large pine cones
  • Fall colored pipe cleaners
  • Fall colored pompoms

Are you checking your child’s yellow folder every evening?  Some of them are getting pretty fat with old paperwork.  Please help us by emptying them out every evening and reminding your child to return them every morning.    IMG_20131114_135016 IMG_20131114_135006 IMG_20131114_134841 IMG_4480 IMG_4479 IMG_4478 IMG_4477 IMG_4476 IMG_4475 IMG_4474 IMG_4473 IMG_4472 IMG_4471 IMG_4470 IMG_4469 IMG_4468 IMG_4467 IMG_4466 IMG_4465 IMG_4464 IMG_4463 IMG_4462

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.