December 13, 2017

Catching Up with Room 16

We have had a busy few weeks, packed with field trips and fun projects. Please enjoy the photos and captions to learn more!

writing

I had to capture this moment. Students were participating in a writing assessment, and they worked so hard for 20 solid minutes. You could’ve heard a pin drop. As you can imagine, this happens infrequently in a K-2 classroom! I was so proud of their hard work.

buddies

We are enjoying getting to know our big buddies in Mrs. Loeung/Mrs. Dolkas’ 3-5 classroom. This day we were inspired by their writing (it was also fun for me to hear my old students’ writing… what improvement in a few, short months!)

bear

pumpkins2

Kindergartners got to experience a true Corbett tradition (my 4th year!). We traveled to Big Bear’s Deli to enjoy treats and a gift, after hunting down the perfect pumpkin. How fun!

alice2

alice

Mt. Hood Community College presented Lewis Caroll’s Alice in Wonderland. Students enjoyed the play with their big buddies.

adjectives

We are having fun learning parts of speech. This day we wrote our favorite adjectives to describe our classmates.

pumpkins

After sketching, painting and writing about our donated pumpkins (thank you, Debbie Baker!), we painted them. Pumpkin fun!

Thanks for checking in on our classroom!

Bekah Tucker About Bekah Tucker

This is my eighth year as a primary classroom teacher, previously working as a special education teaching assistant and an english preschool teacher in Prague.

Outside of teaching, my passions are traveling, trying new restaurants, strong coffee, being with friends and family, and enjoying the beauty of the Columbia River Gorge.

I love being a Corbett teacher!