August 24, 2017

Week of November 18th

It was wonderful to see so many of you today at our end-of-the-trimester celebration. The kids enjoyed performing for you and were excited to share their writing progress. Thanks to those who furnished goodies. Yum, yum!

Next term, we will be improving our skills in informational writing. Students will create written pieces that teach us about topics in which they are  knowledgeable.  I already know that we have resident experts on flamingos, soccer, Great Wolf Lodge, music, skateboarding, and more. I expect to learn quite a bit on many subjects in the next few months.

I was disappointed at the paltry number of people who replied quickly to their latest EPal messages. I did provide some time today to send out responses. If your child is not caught up with his/her correspondence, please nag until it is done. Thanks!

https://www.epals.com/login/#action=/login

Most of you know that I missed some school time this week. My husband had two surgeries for kidney stones. He is on the mend, but is still feeling rather miserable. Thanks for the good wishes sent his way!

We are still in need of white sheets and/or pillowcases (preferably cotton) for an art project. If you have any that you no longer want, please send them in.

Finally, please speak once again to your children to remind them of the routine to follow if we need to close school early. They should know where they are going, how to get in the house, and what to do once they arrive. The kids and I are hoping for snow!

IMPORTANT DATES

• November 28th-29th – Thanksgiving Holiday
  • Wednesday, December 3rd – Progress Reports Home
  • December 20th-January 5th – Winter Break
About Susan Handy