May 25, 2017

Trillium Room Jan. 15th

Sorry we didn’t get a newsletter out last week.  When all 3 teachers are sick with a nice variety of maladies, we have to let something slip.

The exciting academic news from the Trillium Room is the beginning of our unit called “Cascade Mountains Volcanoes and Earthquakes.”  It took zero effort to get the kids excited about this topic.            Who doesn’t love a good volcano?  We will be learning about the ring of fire, the parts of a volcano and the types of volcanoes.

The pictures on the blog this week are of a super cute project called “catching snowflakes.”  We made cut paper and yarn collages showing what a child’s face looks like while catching snowflakes on their tongue.

This is our new poem.  The kids LOVE it (probably because it has the word “behind” in it)

I do not mind you, winter Wind

when you come whiling by,

to tickle me with snowflakes

drifting softly from the sky.

I do not even mind you

when you nibble at my skin,

scrambling over all of me

attempting to get in.

But when you bowl me over

and I land on my behind,

then I must tell you, winter Wind,

I mind…I really mind!           IMG_4580 IMG_4581 IMG_4582 IMG_4584 IMG_4585 IMG_4586 IMG_4587 IMG_4588 IMG_4589 IMG_4590 IMG_4591 IMG_4592 IMG_4593

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 25th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 27 years and have a 14-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.