June 28, 2017

Please welcome Ms. Urbany to our classroom

We have the pleasure of hosting a student teacher for the next six weeks. Ms. Urbany will be a valuable addition to our classroom and I’m confident that we will all learn a great deal together.

Dear Parents,

Hello! My name is Rebecca Urbany and I will be a student teacher in Mrs. Hubler’s classroom through the first week of March. I am from Gresham, OR and I am currently finishing my Masters of Arts in Teaching, Secondary Education at Concordia University with endorsements in English Language Arts and Health. Previous to enrolling at Concordia, I received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, minor in Italian at Seattle University. I have been the head jumps coach for the Mt. Hood Community College track & field team for the past three years and also act as the summer camp director at the Mt. Hood Community College Aquatic Center. Before becoming a student teacher at Corbett, I worked as an educational assistant at Powell Valley Elementary School.

I am thrilled to be given the opportunity to be a student teacher at Corbett Middle School. I have had been able to observe in the classroom for the past week and have been impressed with the community and environment that has been established within the school. I will soon be teaching a Health unit on the respiratory and circulatory body systems as well as a conditioning unit in P.E. I will be working closely with Ms. Hubler to make sure that I am presenting lessons that adhere to the high quality and expectations upheld at Corbett Middle School.

Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns throughout my time in Mrs. Hubler’s classroom, please be free to e-mail me at urbanyr@icloud.com or Mrs. Hubler at vhubler@k12.or.us. We can also be reached via telephone at the school number: (503) 261-4224. I hope to make your child’s learning experience as exciting and engaging as possible. I am looking forward to working with your student throughout my student teaching experience.

Sincerely,
Rebecca Urbany

Victoria Hubler About Victoria Hubler

Mrs. Hubler LOVES Corbett Schools and she is beyond passionate about middle schoolers too! Mrs. Hubler lives in Hood River, a quick 45 minute drive up the gorge, with her husband, two young children, and very furry Australian Shepherd. She loves running, mountain biking, skiing, and surfing... in addition to reading, cooking, and gardening.