Happy snow day! I hope that you are all snug at home, perhaps curled up with a good book.
It was a bit of a wacky week, but we accomplished quite a bit. Students worked on writing a general descriptive paragraph about their World Heritage Site and also a paragraph about a specific animal, area, or event related to the site. If not done with the rough drafts, they need to gather more info this weekend to finish the writing on Monday.
Next week, they will write a second specific paragraph, create their posters, and plan their speeches. No time to dilly-dally – they need to be focused and efficient!
We also practiced a few questions for the OAKS test. You can check out the site at https://oakspt.tds.airast.org/Student/Pages/LoginShell.aspx . We will attempt the authentic version during the week of February 17th. All students in our room will participate in math and reading tests; the fifth graders will also be assessed in science.
- Thursday, February 13th – Valentine party 3-3:30 p.m.
- Monday, February 17th – Presidents’ Day Holiday
- Week of February 18th-21st – OAKS State Tests in Room 9
- Friday, February 21st – School Day
- Thursday, February 27th – Funky Monkey Trip to Symphony 8:20 – 11:15 a.m.
- Thursday, February 27th – End-of-the-Term Celebration 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- March 21st-30th – Spring Break