June 24, 2017

Week of February 10th

This was a short but sweet week! I have extended the deadlines for the World Heritage Site poster and speech. Anyone still needing information must finish their research at home this weekend. (It should have been finished a week ago!)  The poster must be finished by Thursday, February 20th.

Next week, we will work in class on the introduction and conclusion for the speech,  writing words and phrases on note cards as reminders of what to say, and practice the presentations. Speeches will occur during the week of February 24th.

Last week, we began a project to identify ten Mystery Classes hidden somewhere in the world. At this point, the only clues we have are the secret locations’ photoperiods (amount of daylight). Even so, students have already discovered whether the classes are in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere and also near or far from the equator. More clues will follow.

Thank you to all who donated food, drink, and supplies for the party today. Thanks also for all of the Valentine greetings and goodies for me. Luckily, my husband will help me eat them; otherwise I would need to triple my exercise routine!

Remember our four day weekend!

IMPORTANT DATES:

• Monday, February 17th – Presidents’ Day Holiday
  • Week of February 18th-21st – OAKS State Tests in Room 9
  • Friday, February 21st – School Day
  • Thursday, February 27th – Funky Monkey Trip to Symphony 8:20 – 11:15 a.m.
  • Thursday, February 27th – End-of-the-Term Celebration 2:30-3:30 p.m.
  • March 21st-30th – Spring Break
About Susan Handy