I have received so many good emails with questions about open enrollment. I thought I should make a quick bullet list to help everyone understand the process. The Board, teachers, and other staff all want to honor the choice of parents to send their students to Corbett School District! Open enrollment provides an avenue for every current Charter student to continue attending school on the main campus if they choose. The open enrollment process is a “lottery” but in partnership with the Oregon Department of Education we have written our District Standards so Charter students will have priority in the lottery…meaning that if you want to continue your education in Corbett on the main campus, everyone of you will be able to do so. Then once you are accepted via open enrollment you are considered a resident of Corbett School District until you graduate….you never have to go through a process like this again. Here is a list of some important information.
- Open enrollment starts March 1st and ends March 31st.
- A link will be placed on the district web site where you can enroll for open enrollment.
- It takes about 5 minutes to complete.
- You will be formally admitted to the district as an open enrollment student in early April.
- You will have a few days to accept your open enrollment slot.
- Once you attend your first day of school via open enrollment you are a Corbett student until you graduate or choose to move to a different school.
- It costs nothing….there is no tuition.
- Your resident district’s can not deny you access via open enrollment. You do not have to ask their permission.
The short message is that if you want to continue your student’s career at Corbett you ALL have the choice to do so through open enrollment. It is easy, free, and guarantees you can be in Corbett until you graduate. If you have other questions feel free to email me or call.
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org