February 20, 2017

Trillium Room March 13

Dear families,

We’ve got some serious shakin’ goin’ on.   Studying earthquakes has been a lot of fun.  Perhaps calling a natural disaster “fun” isn’t quite proper, but the science of it is really fascinating.  Using the spaghetti and marshmallows you sent in, we created grand structures.  Then, using a giant tray of jello, we put the structures to the test, wiggling and jiggling them to see if they’d collapse.  Ask your child how their structure held up.

In art this week, we drew emotions.  We practiced different emotions and talked about what our faces do to show how we feel.  Then, using a friend as a model, we drew faces of varying moods.  It was a lot of fun.

To finish off the days until spring break, we’re going to begin learning about clouds.  We’ll probably continue a bit after spring break too.  We’ll learn the names of different forms of clouds and what kind of weather they indicate.

Progress reports were sent home in backpacks on Wednesday.  If you did not receive your child’s report, please contact us for a new copy.

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 25th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 27 years and have a 14-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.