October 19, 2017

Trillium Room March 20

Happy Springtime!  The sunshine has helped give an added glow to the Trillium Room.

We are in the middle of a mini-unit on weather, with an emphasis on clouds.  We haven’t gotten into the different kinds of clouds yet, but will start as soon as we return from Spring Break.

The Middle School invited us to their Renaissance Fair this week.  We stepped back in time to meet influential people from the 1300’s-1700’s.  They looked pretty good for being about 700 years old.  The kids loved the exhibit and came back with lots of stories.

Two very important things have come home recently:  Jog-a-thon forms and progress reports.  Jog-a-thon forms are green and were put in backpacks this week.  The PTA is hoping each child can secure $50 in pledges.  However, children have been reminded to only ask people they are very close to for pledges.  Progress reports were sent home last week.  If you haven’t seen your child’s, please contact us right away for a new copy.

Somehow the pictures of our structures didn’t make it onto the blog last week (certainly due to entrusting this to the least tech-savvy teacher in the room).  Please enjoy seeing them this week.IMG_4787 IMG_4779 IMG_4782 IMG_4785 IMG_4788 IMG_4789 IMG_4790 IMG_4791 IMG_4793 IMG_4794 IMG_4795 IMG_4796 IMG_4797 IMG_4798

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.