March 30, 2017

Trillium Room april 4

IMG_4818 IMG_4817 IMG_4816 IMG_4815 IMG_4814 IMG_4813 IMG_4812 IMG_4811 IMG_4810 IMG_4809 IMG_4808 IMG_4807

We’ve jumped right back into the school routine without missing a beat.

We’re learning the 4 main types of clouds.  One is a puffy, friendly little cloud that shows up on fair-weather days; one is a tall giant who causes all kinds of weather; one is thin and wispy and made of ice particles; and one is a heavy blanket.  Your child should be able to tell you the names if you tell them the descriptions.

Please check your child’s backpack closely.  We’ve sent home some very important papers. One is the jog-a-thon pledge sheet.  We have our annual jog-a-thon next week.  This is the biggest source of funds for our PTA.  The PTA pays for the wonderful “extras” that we wouldn’t be able to emjoy otherwise.  In the past, they’ve used jog-a-thon funds to purchase huge things like playground equipment, artists’ in residence, and computers.

Another incredibly important paper is the music program schedule.  There are 2 music programs this year and the children have been broken up according to which days they go to music.  We sent home schedules to let you know which day your child would perform.  If you haven’t seen this, please email or call.

In celebration of the beginning of spring, we painted lovely daffodils in art this week.  We used crayon resist to make a bold daffodil that stands out against a watercolor background.  These are in the hallway.           

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 25th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 27 years and have a 14-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.