September 22, 2017

Easter Egg Hunt Benefit April 12th

Please join the community Easter egg hunt fundraiser benefiting the Moon-Zeulner family in their fight against colon cancer. The event is Saturday, April 12th from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm behind the Corbett Grade School. There will be refreshments, prizes, a bounce house, games, and 10,000 Easter eggs. This event is free of charge and donations are encouraged. The event is a Corbett Middle School service project.

DeeDee Hanes About DeeDee Hanes

My husband Rick and I have lived in Corbett for twenty-nine years. We have two children, Andrew and Krissy. They both graduated from Corbett High School and were busy in the classroom and on the sports fields. Andrew went on to the University of Southern California to earn an Aerospace Engineering degree and Krissy went to the University of Oregon and graduated in International Studies. They are grateful to the Corbett School District for opening doors for them in the world of higher education.

I have worked for Corbett Schools since 1998 and teaching even longer, since 1985! I went to Oregon State and received my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Reading. My Masters in Educational Practices and Foundations of Administration was earned from Portland State University. I also received my Special Education Endorsement from Portland State.

My family loves to camp, play sports, board games, books, movies, and traveling. Rick spends some of his extra time helping coach the Corbett Softball Team. I may just spend some of my extra time studying gourmet cooking now that both our children are out of the house!